1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
What a magnificent description of the person of our Lord Jesus Christ! To those of us who love and serve Him, it is a description beyond which all opinions to the contrary fail. He is the mystery of godliness – the God-Man, fully God and fully man.
• Manifest in the flesh – Took on a body of flesh to pay the price of our sin.
• Justified in the Spirit – Vindicated by the Holy Spirit to be the Son of God with power.
• Seen of angels – Witnessed by angels in the unfolding drama of redemption.
• Preached unto the Gentiles – Demonstrated His love and concern for both Jew and Gentile.
• Believed on in the world – Received by men as the one and only means of salvation.
• Received up into glory – Ascended back to the glories of heaven, but is coming again.